How To Stay Healthy In Sharad Ritu -
How to stay healthy in Sharad Ritu
Varsha Ritu reduces our core body temperature but steep sun rays during Sharad Season increase it, and it may cause the imbalance of fire and water element in the body, the Pitta Dosha. People may face the accumulation of toxins in the body leading to indigestion, weak metabolism, rise in body temperature, boils on the body, and many other skin problems.
Equilibrium of Pitta Dosha
As per Charak Sanhita, special diet and balancing of energies are very important for digestion and good metabolism.
- Avoid eating ice, curd, or fried food items. Eat only when you feel hungry.
- Chew a bite for 32 times before swallowing it. This process generates a sufficient quantity of saliva which is important for proper digestion as saliva contains digestive enzymes.
- Consumed food should be cool and not spicy, to balance the fiery characteristic of Pitta Dosha.
- After the end of Rainy season, Canopus star is visible in the sky. The natural water that is heated during daytime and cooled during the night with moonlight becomes equivalent to nectar. If possible and hygienic, then try to drink the water from natural sources such as a pond, waterfall, river etc.
- The earthen pots contain the necessary minerals required for the body. The water contained in these pots cleanses the toxins in the body. Avoid drinking water cooled in fridge. For maintaining body coolness one may consume water with basil seeds, Amla drink etc.
- Application of coconut oil before bath reduces the chances of skin ailments. Daily application is also beneficial for reducing boils.
- Flowers like Night Jasmine and Plumeria balance the Pitta with their sweet fragrance. Try to keep them near your bed.
- Wear light coloured and little loose fitted cotton clothes only.
- Wake up early in the morning and avoid staying awake till late at night. Staying awake late in night causes Pitta Dosha. Also, avoid sleeping during daytime as it increases drowsiness.
Avoid walking in peak sunlight, becoming wet in rain shower or dew, taking direct air from AC, losing temper soon, or becoming irritated.
Bask in the pleasantness of Sharad Ritu,
Avoid prohibited things,