Manglik dosha – myths, fact, ill effects and remedies
Manglik Dosh is also known as Kuja Dosh, Bhaum Dosha or Angaraka Dosh. As per the rules of Indian astrology, a person is assumed to be suffering from Manglik Dosh if Mars is placed in a Horoscope in any of the houses listed below:
House 1 (Ascendent), House 4 (House of happiness or mental peace), House 7 (House of marriage), House 8 (House of longevity), House 12 (House of expenditure).
However, opinions of astrologers differ about positioning of Mars in House 1 and House 2 of Vedic astrology. North Indian astrologers advocate formation of Manglik Dosh when Mars is positioned in 1st House but South Indian astrologers differ with this opinion. In their view, Manglik Dosh is formed when Mars is placed in 2nd House in a lunar chart.
In addition to Mars, placement of Sun, Saturn, Rahu and ketu in the houses mentioned above also forms partial Manglik dosh. The intensity of severity of Dosh is determined by the positioning of Mars in a horoscope. When Mars is placed in ascendant or the seventh house, Dosh is considered to be of highest degree. Of the two houses listed, presence of Mars in seventh house is known to be the most severe. Next in order of severity are eighth, fourth and twelfth houses.
Ill effects of Dosh are shown below according to its presence in the houses of a horoscope.
- 1st House (Ascendant): Presence of Mars is likely to cause quarrels with spouse, physical violence, and sexual abuse.
- 4th house: Presence of Mars is likely to result in frequent change of professions and jobs, job insecurity and economical instability.
- 7th house: Presence of Mars is likely to cause differences in opinion among family members, loose temperament, disturbed sexual life of affected person.
- 8th house: Presence of Mars in eighth house of horoscope of affected person may create hatred toward work and elderly people. Risks for loss of paternal property are also involved.
- 12th house: Possibilities of sudden financial losses, arising mental problems, anxiety, and developing enmities and trouble from enemies.
The intensity of dosh depends upon its occurrence in the number of charts (Lagna Kundali or Ascendant, Chandra Kundali or Moon chart and Navmasha chart) where it is present and also the house where it is residing. If Mars is present in the houses mentioned above in one chart alone then ill effect will be less compared to its presence in more than one chart.
Evil influence of Manglik dosh:
- Marriage of the affected person may get delayed.
- Affected person may experience disturbances in the married life.
- Affected person may face accusations of hurting the spouse.
- Difficulties in marital life – disputes and quarrels.
- Difference in thinking.
- Child birth problems.
Myths and realities about Manglik dosh;
- The most prevalent myth regarding manglik dosa is that if the partner with manglik dosh marries to the partner having no manglik dosha then the spouse is bound to die. This may not happen in every case as this depends upon the presence of Mars in the house. However, there are lot of evidences confirming death of the spouse in case of a marriage of a manglik and a non- manglik.
- Also there is a misconception of double manglik dosha as there is no such thing called double manglik dosha. When the planet mars is present in its own house it is considered to double the effect of manglik dosh but in reality it will decrease the effects of dosh instead of increasing it.
Manglik Dosh Remedies:
The bad effects of Manglik Dosh can be reduced with the help of astrological remedies which would generally include the performing pooja, cahnting mantras, wearing Gemstones. Other remedies include:
- Daily chant the Hanuman Chalisa, with seeing book
- Fasting every Tuesday (Without Salt) of a new month in a rising moon
- Chant Sunder Kand from Tulsi Ramcharitmanas for the period of 40 days begining Tuesday.
- Everyday worship Lord Hanuman using ‘Om Shreem Hanumate Namah’ mantra. Visit HanumanTemple on every Tuesday and distribute sweets and sindoor etc.
- Donate red cloth to the workers who work with sharp iron items.
- Perform Hanumant Sadhana using triangular mangal yantra and mangal stotra.
- It is advised by astrologers that a person having a Manglik Dosh in his or her horoscope shouldonly marry a person who also has Manglik Dosh in his or her horoscope.
- In Hindu tradition, Manglik women are required to go through a ceremony called “Kumbh
- Vivah” in which they have to marry either to a peepal tree, or a banana tree or a silver/ golden idol of the Shree Hari Vishnu.