Shani Amavasya, also known as Shani Jayanti, commemorates Shani Dev’s birth. Shanidev is son of Mother Chhaya and Lord Surya and rules weekday Saturday. Shani Jayanti is celebrated in Jyeshtha month on Amavasya Tithi as per North Indian calendar. According to the South Indian calendar, it occurs in the month of Vaishakha on the Amavasya Tithi. In the Native American calendars of the North and the South, it falls on the same day.On Shani Jayanti, worshippers practice fast or perform Upvaas to appease Lord Shani and visit Shani temples to seek Lord Shani’s blessing. Lord Shani is said to believe in proper punishment and, if appeased, bestows good fortune and luck to his devotees. People who do not have Lord Shani’s blessing, toil for years without receiving any benefit for their efforts.
Shani Jayanti 2022 Date and Time
On May 30, the birth anniversary of Shani Dev, also known as the God of Justice, will be commemorated. Amavasya Tithi will begin at 2.54 p.m. on May 29th and will go till 4.59 p.m. on May 30th. As a result, Shani Amavasya 2022 will be observed on May 30th. On this day, special Shani Dev worship is performed in order to remove Shani flaws. Those who are affected by Shani’s Mahadasha, Antardasha, Sade Sati, or Dhaiyya should take extra precautions to appease Shani Dev. Shani Jayanti falls on the same day as Vat Savitri Vrat, which is observed in most North Indian states during Jyeshtha Amavasya.
Shani Dev in astrology
Shani Dev, according to Vedic astrology, is a judge who renders unbiased justice. They produce positive outcomes for good deeds and negative outcomes for evil deeds. Shani Dev is the ruler of the Capricorn and Aquarius zodiac signs. Shani Dev, who is known for being ruthless, is black in colour, and his mount is a vulture. It is claimed that whoever worships Shani with a true heart on Shani Jayanti, receives Shani Dev’s blessings very quickly.
Ways to Appease Shani Dev:
Shani Dev’s blessings can be obtained by the use of certain ways. Shani Devotees, worship Shani Dev every Saturday. Worshiping Shani Dev, the Karma Giver, on Shani Jayanti, provides distinct benefits. Following worship, one must donate black fabric, black lentils, iron goods, and other such items. Shani Dev is said to be liberated from his sorrows by doing so. At the same time, it’s thought that Shani Maharaj approves of sesame, urad, groundnut oil, black pepper, pickle, clove, black salt, and other spices.
Wondering How to please Shani Dev? Look at below mentioned points:
- Every Saturday, kindly make it a point to go to the Shani temple
- Shani’s grace can be felt even when a mustard oil lamp is lit under the Peepal tree.
- With a sincere heart, worship Shani Dev and seek for his blessings.
- On Saturday, try to avoid buying Iron.
- Take some mustard oil and put it in a bowl on Saturday. Examine your face in this oil, then donate it (Chaya Daan).
- In life, avoid doing any kind of unequal job.
- Avoid lying at all costs.
- Oil the roti and feed it to the black dog.
- Do not cheat on others or say anything harmful to others. This is because Shani Dev is known as the God of Justice. Therefore, continue your work as Shani Dev congratulates you.
- Always show respect to your elders.
- Water the Peepal tree
- Always treat ladies with respect.
- Continue to help others according to your talents.
- Shani’s bad effects are alleviated by serving a black cow. Shani Dev’s grace will continue if you do this every day.
- After seeing your face in a bronze bowl filled with mustard or sesame oil, donate it.
- Perform a Peepal tree Parikarma. Early in the morning, provide sweet milk to the tree’s root and ignite the oil lamp toward the west.
- For pleasing Shani Dev, Lord Shani and Lord Hanuman should be worshipped.